Monday, September 12, 2011

Getting the Shaft or Fancy's the Second Kid

Over the last few days, Fancy has been kicking like a wild woman. Yesterday, she was active for around 20 hours. I am not exaggerating at all. Today she seems to be passed out in my belly after what I imagine felt like she ran a marathon yesterday. Now that she's moving around a lot I feel so much more connected to her. I can tell when she likes or dislikes something, and she often kicks and moves around a lot more when Noah talks to her or when I hold him. I like to think of it as their connection to each other. Sometimes Noah tells me she's hungry or sad or happy or wishes she had shoes in my belly.

After we had Noah we were so in love with him, I considered never having another child. My heart was so full of love for him I didn't think it would be fair to have another child and run the risk of not being able to love the baby as much as I love him. Now that I almost in my third trimester of pregnancy, I realize how ridiculous that sort of thinking is. My heart is expanding like a rubberband, and I am overwhelmed with excitement and love for Fancy's arrival.

I feel sorry for her already. I haven't written any posts about her since we found out we were having a little girl, and I have only written one other post about pregnancy before this one. I guess I'm already slacking on documenting her life. She even has to share a blog that is named for her brother when he was in utero.

I promise to love her and shower her with as much love and attention as possible once she is born.

Here's a picture I took last night when I realized how big my baby belly has gotten. I'm trying for "I'm pregnant, no way" in the photo. How did I do?



2 comments:

  1. It sounds to me like little Fancy (whatever you choose to name her in the end) will have more love than she can handle, with awesome parents and a big brother like Noah :)
    Also, you are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Squishy is in the same boat - *I* have a beautiful nursery, with custom made bedding and carefully thought out accessories. We live in a 2 bedroom condo, so Squishy? Will be in my old crib in the corner of Mommy and Daddy's room. Of course, I'm not done with my crib yet... Sigh - so much to do before January!

    ReplyDelete